Sunday 4 June 2017

To 15mm or not to 15mm.

That is the question. I find myself being drawn to putting together some forces for 15mm sci fi games. I love the miniatures available, and love the size.

I see toy vehicles that I could buy in the pound shop and begin fantasising. I see amazing terrain and get inspired. I go on websites and look at prices and find them reasonable enough.

And yet I can't do it. I do not want to store 15mm terrain. It isn't huge, but space is a premium as is. I mean my generic yoghurt pots and other vacuum formed terrain would work in 15mm, but  only because they have no doors or anything that gives its scale away. I just can't.

I also think of the time I have invested in 6mm. Can I band on that? Do I have enough hobby time to have two scales going on?

This is on my mind over the next few weeks as I look at putting some money aside to pay for some new miniatures to paint over the summer holidays.

1 comment:

  1. There's a value to gaming everything in one scale, I wish I had done that.

    I keep returning to 15mm since it is the best middle ground for my needs: size and cost is low but they still skirmish well.

    ReplyDelete