Tuesday 24 January 2017

Skyrim and the absence of wargaming.

In the final weekend of the Christmas holiday, over the New Years weekend, I finally managed to get my gaming computer up and running again. It was not that I didn't know, there was just no time to play around and find out which parts needed replacing. My friend had been looking after it for almost 18 months and eventually we tested it and found out that the processor was shot.

I found a reasonable processor, more powerful than the original and plugged in. Of course, I had no internet though, as on the 30th December, when I thought it would get connected, I realised there had been a miscommunication and I was going to be waiting until the 16th Jan. New years plans were done for as my wife tends to go to bed early on New years and I play games online (sad? Maybe, but actually enjoyable). On 1st Jan, I asked my new neighbour if I could borrow his internet and he gloriously accepted my proposal. I began making 2.5 years worth of updates to Windows and various games.

This weekend just gone I deleted all of my Skyrim mods and began fresh. I have turned it into a more realistic RPG where I have to take care of other basic needs, stay out of the cold for long periods, and avoid dying. I have made a new character who is a bow and dagger carrying huntsman. Over this weekend I managed to amass enough money to buy a house in Whiterun (the first city you get into on the main quest line) and am now pausing to decide what to do. I have a fixed abode now, which is great, but I want to spend most of my time in the wild, hunting animals and killing bandits.

As such, my model making has suffered. I had originally had plans to paint. I guess starting at a new school and getting to know the system, students and writing reports already has taken a lot of my spare time. Such is life.

Here is an old character killing a dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment