Sunday 14 August 2016

Tanks, Mechs and Civilian vehicles - working on the lead mountain.

 Today I finished a bunch of miniatures ready for Horizon Wars/Starport Scum/other rules I may experiment with.

Opposite are four beautiful THK MIV Tank Hunter miniatures. I painted them a blue/purple camouflage because I saw it elsewhere and love it. These are designed to fit in with my blue forces, but the purple will help them fit in with my Solar Empire Marines who are yet to be painted. The turret shape is beautiful, the contours are stunning. I will get more of these.

Neo Soviets. The beast. I went with a simple green with these. Then a green wash, then a dry brush. No effort, but effective still. These will fit in with UCS forces, but could also be used by other green armies.

Vehicles. I need civilian vehicles. I want them to litter my colonies, mines, cities. Need to protect a convoy? Here it is! Need to escape the authorities? Hotwire one of these.


These have been sitting around for ages. I drybrushes and flocked them and now they are ready for the table. Again, blue to fit in with my blue forces.

I just love this shot.

Black and a greeny-yellowy colour. These are meant to fit in with me "Collective" forces. As yet I don't exactly have Collective infantry, but have mecha and vehicles that can be used. These are pretty state of the art combat suits, and how the Collective got their hands on them is anyone's guess. Quansec hasn't even put them for sale to UCS forces yet.

These mecha are also designed to be used by the collective, but can be used by others. They are GZG 15mm drones of some kind. Three in a pack, but one came off the base and is not finished.

5 comments:

  1. That's a really great camo you came up with, I like how subtle it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I need to paint some soldiers to go with them better. I think it will be subtle again.

      Delete
  2. Looking good and loving the civilian vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realised I need some if I have a hope of creating an interesting world for my starport scum to fill.

      Delete
    2. On the upside, in 6mm, its much easier to "clutter" up a table with little details :)

      Delete