Friday 23 November 2012

Early Wehrmacht Infantry pt. 1

So this is what I have been working on all week. My painting skills are pretty poor, and I think I need a better brush for the details. They obviously need a touch up, but I wanted to get this out there asap. I painted them with Humbrol and Revell enamels. They are what I used way back in the day, and they are what I feel comfortable with now. Any recommendations for how I can wash them? Also, which varnish to use, as I have never used one?



Also, here are my Pegasus Panzer 38(t)s. They are coming along nicely. They are very easy to put together, and nicely detailed. All I need now are some tank commanders.

2 comments:

  1. Hey James,

    your soldiers look well so far. I don't know how it will work on Revell colors, but have you thought about maybe using the Armypainter - Dip?

    It's a fast and effective way of adding shades (and a few highlights) to your models, perfect if you don't want to spend too much time on painting.

    If you feel comfortable with the Revell colors, there is no need in using something else, I think. You might give Vallejo Acryllics a try, just if you should want to try something else.

    Take your time and you will see your skills improving very fast.
    :-)

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about switching to acrylics. I don't know if I want to though. The Armypainter dip looks good, I may try it on some less important figures...

      Delete